[lbo-talk] Blameless Prime Minister

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:49:51 PDT 2004

>From: "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>
>
>The WEEK
>
>The Culture of Blamelessness

Aha. JH, long time no post.

>'Good faith' is a place where you can say things that are not true, and
>that almost everybody else knows are not true, that you have no evidence
>for, and still speak truly. True to what? Not true to the facts. True to
>the inner light of belief. That the government poisoned the well of
>knowledge is a mere mistake. Their consciences were kept pure.

Yes, I keep expecting to see your PM borne aloft on the wings of seraphim and cherubim. Fortunately there's Steve Bell to bring things back to earth:

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/0,7371,337484,00.html>

>Just as much as the superficial belligerence, the underlying nervousness of
>the coalition has added to Iraq's stability.

Instability, correct?

>But none of this conflict is the responsibility of the Prime Minister, who
>acted in good faith, and accepts full responsibility, but somehow remains
>blameless.

Faith can not only move mountains, it can level cities. Here endeth the lesson.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/