[lbo-talk] LBO-talk Fundrace

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 16 10:10:20 PDT 2004

Nathan Newman:

> I actually advocate that people supporting Kerry
> and the Dems give money to Americans Coming
> Together, the labor-enviro-progressive voter
> turnout organization.

Fundrace.org is old news, but it was inevitable that someone would bring it up on LBO-Talk. I gave money to Dean when his lead was dropping and it was getting really close, not so much because of enthusiasm for the candidate himself as for what he had come to represent, and because of the vicious campaign against him. I'm certainly not into one-upmanship about this crap, so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, when it comes to the general election, I agree with Nathan. Kerry has a boatload of money, which he will use mostly for advertising. I trust the independent Americans Coming Together to do a better job of grassroots voter mobilization than the Kerry campaign or the Democratic Party. The website for ACT is here:

https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=ggLPJ1NPG&b=86293

People might also be interested in knowing that Cynthia McKinney is running for Congress again:

http://www.cynthiaforcongress.com/donations.html

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!