[lbo-talk] LBO-talk Fundrace

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Jul 17 11:47:05 PDT 2004

> The real reason I've been steaming about BDeL concerns a
> gratuitous remark he made in his blog about Barbara Ehrenreich being
> "infantile." If anything presents a case of arrested development, it's
the
> corrupt, liberal economic regime that rules us all -- the regime that Brad
> does so much to defend as an economic establishment macher/maven.
>
> So there.
>
> Carl

While I try to refrain from Carl's type of righteous anger (though I do share it in many cases), and am attempting to be more gentle & charitable (a long-term goal that I keep undermining despite my better efforts), I do concur with him on the BDL tip. The dumps BDL's taken on decent people, esp those who've just died (recall BDL's shit spray on Said's fresh corpse), rankle me. Maybe that's the intended effect. There's a part of me that thinks that BDL enjoys the abuse, and to that end I'm sorry that I've obliged him.

When Noam goes, though, all bets are off.

DP