[lbo-talk] LBO-talk Fundrace

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Jul 18 08:31:51 PDT 2004

On Jul 17, 2004, at 10:19 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Why should I care about your opinion if you do not think that your
> opinion is good enough for you to act on it?

Dammit, Yoshie, I've been mightly resisting the conclusion that there is something weird about you, but my resistance is crumbling by the hour.

Why can't you recognize that snooping around in the personal lives of people on a political e-mail list is incredibly offensive, even if you confine your efforts to readily accessible web data bases? Aren't you getting the message that we think that this is totally un-called-for behavior?

It's not particularly the particular information you have managed to uncover (and a meager amount it was -- 2 possible hits from the contributers' data base, one of which turned out to be a false identification), but the attitude towards your fellow list members that you displayed by posting the results of your "snooping" on the list: you are possessed of the True Faith, and everyone who disagrees with you is not entitled to their opinion, but must be unmasked as motivated by base motives (laziness, stinginess, fear -- you've been harping on that one relentlessly for the last few weeks -- or just plain stupidity -- your railing against "intellectuals" is easily interpreted as your using "intellectual" in precisely the same way the Right does -- as a code word for "stupid").

Either you have such a low level of social skills that you don't understand how insulting your attitude is, or you are so full of venom against people who disagree with you politically that you don't care. In any case, I am no longer going to pay attention to a word you write.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile