[lbo-talk] Left Behind: Race and the Second Amendment

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 09:37:06 PDT 2004

I'm using "we" to reflect the fact that the society you & I and most listmembers live in produces more people who shoot each other than just about any other on earth. Why is that? Moore touched on a lot of possible answers - blowback from imperial war, atomization, competitiveness. It's not easy to settle on one, and I like the way he left it rather open.

Doug ---

I saw "Bowling for Columbine" with my (Russian) then-girlfriend, and she was horrified. And this is in a city where quite a few businesses have a mob link.

Actually a lot of Russians own hunting guns, and did in the Soviet Union too.