[lbo-talk] Needed: A Head Count

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 18 12:34:30 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>The main reason for campaigning for anybody but Bush/Kerry is that the
>final tally will provide a partial head count of our (the left's)
>_immediate_* constituency, and that seems to me rather more important
>than who occupies the White House next January 20.

So you're setting up the same trap as Yoshie - "our" numbers will be small, very small. Who wants to do that? Why spin yourself unfavorably in advance? Many people, including almost all my left-wing friends, will be voting for Kerry - and many of them are to the left of many Nader voters (i.e., Marxists rather than small-biz populists). But you've already set them up as not worth counting.

Doug