[lbo-talk] The Glock 9mm is your friend, he said...

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Sun Jul 18 15:18:55 PDT 2004

> I would disagree. I think this position simplifies too much and
> overlooks the dynamics involved in a U.S. military attack on a real
> militia, which is, after all, a citizen army. The 82nd Airborne is
> composed of young American men and women. Obeying an order to attack
> Iraqis is quite a different matter for them than obeying an order to
> attack Americans. Consider that it took a 51 day standoff for the

Then it seems it did not occur to De Gaule that the national insurrection he had to face back in 1968 was led by French people... After all, he is the one who ordered to surround Paris with tanks (French tanks).

I don't see how different it would be in the US, or anywhere else the army is unleashed on civilians.

JC Helary