[lbo-talk] Re: What the Ruling Class Want to Get: A Green Light

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jul 19 19:05:50 PDT 2004

Shane Taylor wrote:

> andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>

>>So, I put this as an honest question to Chucko, Shane,
>>Melvin, Yoshie, and all the intransigents, and I guess
>>I used to be one too -- if not practical reformism in
>>the context of keeping longer range goals alive as
>>aspirations, then what?

I'm involved in reformist struggles like media reform. I work with a liberal media reform group here in Kansas City. But my goal is anarchist revolution in my lifetime, preferably in the next 20 years so I can "retire" to enjoy the fruits of our collective work. Most of my work revolves around laying the groundwork and doing the organizing to make those long term goals possible. At the same time, I participate in reformist campaigns. They may not be totally cool, but if they get results, they make a small difference in people's lives and help carve out space for more radical change.

Chuck0