Fw: [lbo-talk] The curse of literacy

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Mon Jul 19 20:00:50 PDT 2004

At 7:14 PM -0700 19/7/04, R wrote:

>i think we're using a lot of bandwidth and getting nowhere, bill.
>
>i'm sorry to read your local vermin, cats and Kookaburras are ahead of you.
>perhaps you'd like an assault weapon which will launch a spray of rounds
>that can't miss anything within several yards?
>i'd still like to know if you ate those wallabies you shot years ago. ;-)

Most of them. But those we didn't eat ourselves, we boned out and sold to a shop. The dog got lots of scaps. So nothing went to waste. Wallaby meat is too good to waste.

>i agree with noam chomsky's premise that *all* denials of free speech
>undercut a democracy.

>by the way, how are the tasmanian devils doing? i understand they are at
>risk.

There's still an awful lot of them, I wouldn't panic just yet. Latest news is that a someone researching a sudden mass death of oysters in an estuary on the east coast is claiming that the likely cause is run-off from aerial herbicide spraying of forestry plantations. And that the same spraying is linked to the tumors in Devils.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas