[lbo-talk] a plug for nathan newman

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jul 20 11:21:23 PDT 2004

budge wrote:

> this is a complete non-sequiter. i said the ONLY people i
> have ever heard use the term 'poverty pimp' were the basest
> and crudest right wingers. i have never heard anyone on
> this list use that term except you. whether this list has
> moved right or not is immaterial to my comment.

> you most assuredly do and you use their language. i dare
> you to tell the millions of women and children that were fed
> by AFDC, WIC, and Head Start that these programs are/were
> worthless and the underpaid staff adminstering them were
> 'poverty pimps'. you sound just like that fuckwit (robert
> rector?) from Heritage that claims the US's poor eat like
> kings and have summer houses in the hamptons. please.

Evidently you don't talk to poor people who use that phrase to describe the poverty pimp liberals who run shitty government programs which continue the misery of the poor. Like the poverty pimp liberals who steal food donated to the poor or the assholes who yell at poor folks who won't follow the silly rules of the food pantry. Are you saying that the poor folks who talk about liberal do-gooders using this language have something in common with Charles Murray and the Heritage Foundation?

OK, so we all know that liberals are pretty clueless about the fact that poor people hate their reformist programs. They go on and on via Air America about how liberals are so wonderful because they "care for people." Well shit, I care about people too and I want to end capitalism and the state so we don't have any more poor or rich. It's one thing to fight for these measly programs because the Republicans have decimated the social safety net, quite another thing to see these program as some kind of solution!

Chuck0