[lbo-talk] a plug for nathan newman

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Jul 20 11:12:20 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 at 12:00pm Chuck0 wrote:

> budge wrote:
>
> > ...which until now, i have only heard from the most virulent
> > of the right wing radio shows i listen to. calling you
> > charles murray was too generous; i'd have to say you sound
> > more like michael savage.
>
> Probably sounds that way because this list has moved so
> far to the right

????

this is a complete non-sequiter. i said the ONLY people i have ever heard use the term 'poverty pimp' were the basest and crudest right wingers. i have never heard anyone on this list use that term except you. whether this list has moved right or not is immaterial to my comment.

> with this constant talk about supporting Kerry and the
> constant trashing of Yoshie, who is only presenting
> leftist views that would have dominated this list four
> years ago when everybody was on the Nader bandwagon.

nader has demonstrated himself to be a totally craven seeker of power for his own ends. he has no interest in building any sort of party (he won't even join the greens, fer fuck's sake!) and is happy to get in bed with all sorts of right winger as long as he keeps his ugly face on teevee. i voted for him in 2000, but the next time i wish to protest vote i'll wite in my dog...

> I don't hold any right wing views, so the comparisons to
> Charles Murray or Michael Savage are incredibly funny.

you most assuredly do and you use their language. i dare you to tell the millions of women and children that were fed by AFDC, WIC, and Head Start that these programs are/were worthless and the underpaid staff adminstering them were 'poverty pimps'. you sound just like that fuckwit (robert rector?) from Heritage that claims the US's poor eat like kings and have summer houses in the hamptons. please.

-- no Onan

Truth is the most valuable thing we have - so let us economize it.

-- Mark Twain