[lbo-talk] Bohemian Grove

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 20 12:13:44 PDT 2004

Chip Berlet wrote:

>The fact that you cannot see the fascistic motif behind your song and
>dance only makes it more Chevalier than Brecht. Three pennies for your
>thoughts. But I still smell an Ophuls outcome.

Chip, would you concede that institutions like BG are channels through which a ruling class constitutes itself? It's not like they get together and plan the world, but it is one of the adhesives that help make it a conscious, well-oiled machine.

In other words, would you draw a distinction between Domhoff-style power structure research and Wanzala-style conspiracy?

Doug