[lbo-talk] Re: Dumping Ubu/Dickhead

Tim Francis-Wright twright at ziplink.net
Tue Jul 20 22:36:31 PDT 2004

Shane Mage wrote:

> An item in yesterday's NY Observer:

> "...Word of the latest fiasco comes from a friend who went to

> Andover with him and recently attended their 40th reunion.

> George wasn't there, but 40 of his classmates were, nearly all

> upper-income bracketed--natural Bush voters, in other words.

> My friend says that a straw poll was taken to see how many

> would be voting for their fellow alum in November.

> Wanna know how many Dubya got?

> Six."

I wonder if the poll was skewed a bit because W invited the Yale Class of 1968 to the White House last year--but not his prep school buddies.

I was too busy keeping the 4-year-old out of harm's way to do a straw poll of the Class of 1984, but from what I could gather, the same sort of results would have applied.

--tim f-w