Fw: [lbo-talk] The curse of literacy

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Jul 21 07:31:20 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 at 9:17am Bill Bartlett wrote:

> I'm not against "free" speech, I'm against feral speech.
> How would you like to come home and find your next door
> neighbour had decided to "free" his horses to trample and
> eat your garden?

that is what is known as a "time, place, or manner" restriction, which has nothing to do with the content of your speech. i have never advocated a right for me to come and shout at you in your living room.

try again, your poor horse is taking a bruising and the poor fucker is not only dead, but being beat to a pulp.

> Yet this is an apt analogy to the feral speech you advocate,

no it is not, see above.

-- no Onan

Truth is the most valuable thing we have - so let us economize it.

-- Mark Twain