[lbo-talk] Anti-Chomsky Reader

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 21 18:02:42 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:12:57 -0500, Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> Our new radical bookstore here in Kansas City is doing phenomenally
> well, if that cheers anybody up.
>
> Chuck0

Fight like hell, amazon.com, Borders and Barnes and Noble. Michael the mgr. at longtime radical bookstore here, Modern Times says their sales are down catastrophically. At the Borders by Union Square here, a good 50 copies of the new one by Amy Goodman, for example, flew out the window, immediately. Sales at Modern Times, zilch, nada. Even when Bill Ayers came to speak (and I almost jumped outta my chair, Bernadine Dohrn was inches away from me, just behind) and it was packed, few bought his book. Took me months on a waiting list at the SFPL to check it out for free. -- Michael Pugliese