[lbo-talk] Bohemian Grove

Joel Wendland joelrw at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:28:39 PDT 2004

Sorry to jump so late into this thread, but can you explain how the quotes you provide below differ from Dimitrov?

I read him as saying that fascism "has managed to gain the following of the mass of the petty bourgeoisie...and even certain sections...of the proletariat." Further, he says that fascism is successful because it plays on anti-capitalist sentiments. I read Dimitrov as saying that at certain points in the the development of cpaitalism, some capitalists have needs and some p.b. and w.c. people have needs and form a multi-class alliance or a fascist party. Like all multi-party alliances the capitalists have the upperhand, but this does not mean that people on the bottom have no role.

Point of clarification: Is the view you are supporting suggesting that fascist movements that rise to dominant status have no connection to sections of the capitalist class?

Joel Wendland http://www.politicalaffairs.net

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/