[lbo-talk] Anti-Chomsky Reader

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jul 22 08:27:34 PDT 2004

budge wrote:

> so you would prefer that the folks that live in this gross
> upperclass suburb where i work never see goodman's book at
> all? i was pleasantly surprised to see it in the B&N in the
> mall here a month or so ago when i was last there. most of
> the kids around here never get down to houston and if they
> did, they probably will be in montrose or richmond partying
> (or beating up fags), not buying books.

> the notion that by buying such book at corporate bookstores
> makes one a republican is, well, silly. but we have come to
> expect not much more than silliness from you anyway.

You completely missed my point! My suggestion was that regular listeners of Democracy Now who buy their copies of the book at corporate bookstores aren't much better than Republicans in that they aren't putting their politics into practice. My comment was not about those people who don't listen to Amy's show and discover the book at a corporate bookstore. These bookstores are helpful in that regard, in that they provide an outlet for *some* leftist books to find readers in the burbs.

Chuck0