[lbo-talk] Wages in Iraq?

~ DPRICE21 at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 11:27:09 PDT 2004

Does anyone have information regarding how much American workers, like construction helpers, truck drivers, and general semi-skilled labor are making in wages in Iraq? I worked for Boeing when I was just out of high school almost 40 years ago and I was making close to double what my parents were making as professionals.

My point is that, I think American taxpayers would be "up in arms" if they knew what the the private contractors in Iraq and defense contractors in general pay for entry level jobs.

I apologize if my first post is not appropriate to the list.

Thanks, d