[lbo-talk] Israel trip notes

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 22 17:03:44 PDT 2004

Jerusalem Calling: A Homeless Conscience in a Post-Everything World By Joel Schalit "Jerusalem Calling is a very impressive collection of essays that is particularly relevant now that we have a fundamentalist nut in the Oval Office." - Doug Henwood, author of Wall Street "Joel Schalit's passions are unrestrained but his arguments are impeccable, his attitude distinctive. He has a clear eye for nuance and subtext, and a sharp scalpel for hypocrisy and pretense. You will hear a lot from and about this writer in the future, so be smart: Get in on the ground floor. Jerusalem is calling and we all have to answer from the cellphones in our minds and hearts." - Danny Schechter, author of News Dissector http://www.akashicbooks.com/acr.htm The Anti-Capitalism Reader: Imagining a Geography of Opposition Edited by Joel Schalit

Michael Pugliese