[lbo-talk] Re: uh oh dept.

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Jul 23 05:58:45 PDT 2004

I'm sorry to hear you're laid up, Carrol. Get well soon!

On Jul 22, 2004, at 8:35 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Only mugwumps include
> personal experience as part of the argument on either side.

By "mugwump" do you mean "a person who acts independently or remains neutral, esp. in politics," or "a Republican who bolted the party in 1884, refusing to support presidential candidate James G. Blaine"? Those are the only two definitions in my dictionary (American Heritage College, 3d ed.).

And how does either one relate to including personal experience in an argument?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)