[lbo-talk] Bohemian Grove

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Jul 23 05:58:55 PDT 2004

The mark of a True Radical (that is, a believer in the True Radical Faith) is that, at a time when the actual people of the country are clearly moving to the left (even if not nearly far enough to satisfy TR), and the right-wing government in power is fighting for its life, TR asserts ever more fervently that the left is completely washed up, about to be packed into the cattle cars for the proverbial trip down those one way railroad tracks. Only TR -- the sole authentic hero of our times -- has the all but superhuman power of political discernment to perceive the specter of the Fascist Hordes hiding behind the scenes, ready any day now to set those cattle cars rolling.

The fact that no one but TR sees this incredibly menacing threat does not prove him or her wrong -- it proves the remarkable superiority of TR's political insight over everyone else's.

For in the world that TR, and only TR, sees with absolute clarity, it is always the last hour -- the world is always about to sink forever into the sheer darkness of pure fascism, unless ... yes, it's the only hope: everyone must rally behind TR, accept his or her words with pure faith, and march forward into the dawn.

On Jul 22, 2004, at 6:25 PM, Joseph Wanzala wrote:

> Chip,
>
> Clearly we have a regime in power in the US that is bordering on
> fascist; or that is striving assiduously toward that goal. So while
> your analysis of the danger of fascist groups may or may be correct (I
> think it is not, but we can debate that seperately) the political
> reality is in fact that a group of right-wingers with connections to
> the highest levels of traditional corporatist power have, over the
> last two decades, increasingly consolidated their hold on power in the
> US while sucessfully forcing the liberal-left united front to either
> capitulate (in the case of the liberals) or to be reduced to
> ineffectual protest movements (in the case of the left).

[snip]

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax