[lbo-talk] Re:

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri Jul 23 11:23:10 PDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, snit snat wrote:

> It's an incestuous little beasty, stealing addresses out of address books
> and using some to forge headers and spoof from addresses, while using the
> rest of the addresses in the book to replicate itself.
>
> Microsoft's Outhouse needs to go the way of the rotary dial telephone,
> right along with Exploder. Not that other OSes/apps are impervious to
> malware, mind you but....

This is one of the reasons I still use Pine. I telnet in, read my posts, avoid all the html shit (it's just gibberish on my text screen), and send text messages quite quickly and efficiently. Can't think of a good reason to use Outlook, and as Kel points out above, there are many good reasons not to.

Has a Unix system using pine ever been exploited like Windows/Outlook? (I hope the answer is no, so we can cite yet another example of the gross inefficiency and incompetence of capitalist production.)

Miles