[lbo-talk] 2d Amendment/Rule of Law (Was: The curse of literacy)

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Jul 23 20:24:44 PDT 2004

That damned Tucker Carlson just appeared in a NPR promo for his 'unfiltered' program, and I have to come back and make sure that I'm not being opaque.

The free state is singular. The security in and of the free state depends upon your ability to defend it. The means is whatever is necessary. A demonizer could say that your arms end at your wrist. A militia would have been familiar to a hunter gatherer society. They did things collectively. And they knew the difference between an army and a militia. An army belonged to the ruler and a militia was 'ours'.

They have taken all the freedom already so what's the point? Is that what you really mean to say?

Martin