[lbo-talk] Voters ingnoring "Fahrenheit 9/11"

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Jul 24 07:05:56 PDT 2004

> Chuck0:

> On a related note, how many people have seen Outfoxed?

Watched it last night. (DVDs are getting passed around between various lib/left groups and individuals, so dunno how many "civilians" are getting to see this, as opposed to "F-9/11.") "Outfoxed" is entertaining, esp the Fox clips (my old pal Alan Colmes doesn't come off well, tho the critique made of him is kinda weak, some of it based on his mantis-like looks), but it's nothing that we who've studied the corporate media don't already know.

> Any ideas about how we can go after Fox and the right wing media?

Something that goes beyond Air America (does anyone here still listen to that thing?). I always thought that FAIR should have an activist commando unit, storming onto live shows a la those activists who disrupted Dan Rather's newscast during GW1 ("Fox & Friends" is a plump target), flooding rightwing radio shows with sharp, quick, critical calls, creatively rewriting billboards to make political statements (this is already being done in some areas) -- in other words, mess with the relentless propaganda that pounds us every minute. Hit back when necessary, duck & weave if possible, retreat when you have to, but keep moving. Y'know, Sun Tzu shit.

'Course, this should be done by younger folk than me.

DP