[lbo-talk] Dumping Ubu/Dickhead

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 13:20:55 PDT 2004

At 04:07 PM 7/24/2004, Michael Perelman wrote:
>I also have trouble figuring out the widely different polling
>results. First of all,
>most people's preferences are reportedly set in stone. Are the swing
>voters so
>volitile? Are the pollsters asking different questions? Or should we
>just ignore
>the horse race? We could concentrate on the issues if Kerry separated
>himself from
>Bush on any.

huh. I haven't seen wild changes in the polling numbers, mostly because when I see things like 47 v 45, I see the margin of error there and see: tied. If the next week it's 45 v 47, it's still tied b/c of the margin of error. (Like Michael Pollak, I think the numbers for Nader will drop like a rock on Nov. 2 b/c people are more interested in making a statement, now, than in actually risking a Shrub election then)

I was jsut wondering if anyone else thought maybe it was some slick propaganda put out by the Dems as well as whether anyone had examined the methodology. The web site Guilherme pointed out to says that he's a Kerry supporter, but that he's bent over backward to be fair.

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'