[lbo-talk] An interview with Craig Unger

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 00:39:55 PDT 2004

Craig Unger says: "I think a strong case can be made that without the Saudis, there is no 9/11."

Apart from the fact that FBI Chief Mueller has said that they absolutely no proof re who hijeked the planes and that the names of the hijackers were all fake identities (as one might expect), information in the public record actually supports the case that without the negligence if not complicity of the US national security apparatus, there is no 9/11. Any group pulling off an operation like that would need to at least heavily infiltrate or be abbeted by critical elements of the national security apparatus. This is not speculation or 'conspiracism' it is the common sense of intelligence experts that is backed up by statements from FBI whistleblowers. I think the Bush-Saud connection is a red herring that seeks to distract from the larger scope of countries and networks involved. Also for Unger to say that the Lewinsky scandal hamstrung the Clinton adminsitration flies in the face of the facts. In fact, the Lewinsky scandal if anything seemed to compel the Clinton administration to 'Wag the Dog' and supposedly go after Al Qeada by boming a pharmeceutical plant in Sudan, bombing alleged Al Qaeda bases in Afghanistan and give Sadaam Hussein a bloody nose. This business about the Saudis and the Bushes is designed muddy the waters, make the Bush's look bad while blaming the Saudis. It is also superficial and avoids taking a harder look at the wider network of people and countries involved in 9-11 that extends past the Saudis.

Joe W.