[lbo-talk] new blood

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 26 09:07:04 PDT 2004

<quote>

On CNN this morning, the chairbound anchor asked the venerable on-site reporter if the protestors were going to be "the same folks who always show up at world events." (Quote is quite approximate.) The reporter, to his credit, said "I don't want to trivialize the protestors," and then only semi-trivialized them by making up a list of the sort of causes he expects to be represented there.

Yep, the same old folks just keep on showing up at world events. I agree. It's soooo predictable and tiring. I mean, why can't the Democrats and the Republicans, and the oil interests, and the banking interests, and the rest of the world cronies just stay home and let some new blood in?

http://www.boston.com/news/blogs/dnc/

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'