[lbo-talk] Dems close door to Moore

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Jul 26 11:01:34 PDT 2004

Joanna:
> Unfuckingbelievable....and he just handed them the election...
>
> Joanna
In response:
> Joseph Wanzala wrote:
>
> > To all who care about access: The DNC's refusal to allow Michael
Moore
> > an opportunity to speak at its presidential nominating convention
> > should only serve to be a further illustration of how arrogant it
and

I do not think this was such a bad thing. Moore is more believable as an independent voice rather than a Democratic party hack. "Barring" him from speaking at the Dem party convention (arrogantly or otherwise) can only add to his credibility as a Bush critic. Otherwise, he could have been legitimately portrayed as a Dem party propagandist. If anything, I see it more of a clever move than falling victim to DLC supposed stupidity cum arrogance.

Wojtek