[lbo-talk] larouche message...context?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Jul 26 15:51:05 PDT 2004

Chip Berlet writes:

>LaRouche...claims
>about a vast global conspiracy that tracks back through McGeorge Bundy,
George Bernard Shaw...all the way back to Plato.

No, Larouche *likes* Plato (unfortunately for Plato, I suppose). The conspiracy traces back to...Aristotle. Larouche in this respect is a mirror image of Ayn Rand.

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)