[lbo-talk] Prediction...

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Jul 27 09:40:51 PDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Charles Brown wrote:

> Isn't this about the same thing as the postmod/poststruc critique of
> science ( physical and social), science as master narratives, academic
> power
> struggles and all that ? - especially, when you say the actual
> economic and
> organizational _behavior_ itself is mythology and superstitution.

What I disagree with in this pomo proposition is when it is applied to the physical (or what are sometimes called "hard") sciences.

I think few pomo theoreticians know much about these sciences, since they probably tended to flunk math in their student days :-).

(Yes, I know they all quote Feierabend as their techie authority, but in philosophy quoting an authority doesn't count for diddly-squat -- it's the quality of your arguments.)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax