[lbo-talk] Webloggers?

Kendall Clark krunkle at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:11:38 PDT 2004

Folks,

Anyone seen any decent "weblog coverage" of the Dem Convention? I can't help but laugh at the widespread idea -- mostly held by webloggers themselves -- that these are "citizen journalists".

So far the only posts I've seen are the equivalent of "I got credentials" and "Boston is crowded".

Does anyone really believe that these folks are going to report on actual *news*?

Interesting that weblogs are often feted as representing some kind of new form of civic activism, while mainstream publications have mostly ignored stuff like IMC.

Or am I missing something interesting?

Kendall Clark