[lbo-talk] Your (nearly totally insane) Ann Coulter moment for the day

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Jul 27 17:26:33 PDT 2004

> This is how Boobus Americanus (40+
> percent of the population) thinks.

It's more like 10-15%. The rest are just afraid. Afraid of losing their precious Empire, which they secretly hate and yet can't help obeying ("History is taking away the precious, yesss... nasty euro-hobbitses, they steals our preciousss..." Tolkien had acute insight into the psychology of Empire).

It makes me think about Zizek's comment on the Desert of the Real, and how the Iraqi desert acquired the status of the oiligarchy's Symbolic. It wasn't really about the weapons of mass destruction, it was the fact that the mythic aura of the WMDs -- free-floating symbols of an unquestioned US hegemony -- had vanished.

-- DRR