[lbo-talk] Andy Stern's Rebuttal to the Post

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 08:07:57 PDT 2004

As I noted yesterday, I can't find anywhere where Stern said that labor would be "better off" if Kerry loses. It seems that this was an inaccurate paraphrase from Broder. Shameless plug for my own thoughts here:

http://www.johnlacny.com/archives/000083.html

I think it's understandable if people raise issues with Stern's timing, but I don't find fault with the substance of what he said. Part of the problem, too, is that it is so hard to express complex ideas to the media without them screwing it up. Broder is not a labor reporter, and in fact, very few major newspapers even have labor reporters anymore. This is a problem.

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!