[lbo-talk] Choosing our Terrain, was Re: O'Reilly v. Moore - 2

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 28 15:28:20 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>(And incidentally,
>how many well-spoken leftists is Fox News going to put on the air? One
>more? Ten more? How many repetitions would it take to have an impact of
>any kind on any significant number of people? TV belongs to the enemy!
>Efforts to reach our constituency through it are going to be as wildly
>successful as a fund drive to build a new Jewish Temple in Munich in
>1936 would have been.)

Nonsense. My one appearance on the Moyers show raised me to #45 on Amazon's bestseller list, and caused me to be recognized by a stranger on the subway the next day. TV is intensely powerful. A two-minute appearance on the Cavuto show (like mine the other week) won't matter much, but repeated appearances would have an enormous effect. Sometimes the things you say are so strange that I wonder how tethered to earthly life you really are.

Doug