[lbo-talk] Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 28 19:39:52 PDT 2004

At 07:40 PM 7/28/2004, you wrote:
>There's no shame in taking ADs, and they can help you function more
>calmly, improve your memory, and level your judgment -- it's far better
>than serious depression. I don't knwo of any ADs that have the imputed
>effects.SSRIs can reduce your libido, other can cause nausea.

My two experiences with AD's left me with a bad vibe for them. I know they have helped many people but I was not among them. My first round caused a greatly increased depression with suicidal thoughts and round two created uncharacteristic hostility and agitation with thoughts of violent behavior. I have no idea what, if anything, shrub is taking but in spite of the good they do it is not unreasonable to believe that someone in the office of the President should have their reactions to AD's fairly well monitored. How typical my experiences were are irrelevant to the discussion. The fact that there is a measurable chance of a similar reaction on anyones part is relevant however. There is no shame in taking AD's but to ignore the potential for someone having a negative reaction to them is similarly wrong.

John Thornton