[lbo-talk] Re: O'Reilly v. Moore - 2

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Jul 28 22:14:30 PDT 2004

Carrol wrote:

>...I appreciate the rage you feel. I've felt it myself. I'm feeling a
>bit of it now. But that kind of rage is the kind that destroyes
>movements. It blunts the intellect.

Brought to mind a bit from one of Yeats' last poems:

You that Mitchel's prayer have heard, 'Send war in our time, O Lord!' Know that when all words are said And a man is fighting mad, Something drops from eyes long blind, He completes his partial mind, For an instant stands at ease, Laughs aloud, his heart at peace. Even the wisest man grows tense With some sort of violence Before he can acocomplish fate, Know his work or choose his mate.

Under Ben Bulben