[lbo-talk] Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 29 16:16:39 PDT 2004

What you wrote is accurate enough with the exception of the statement below. It is true generally but not absolutely. Depending on the AD about 3 to 5 percent of patients may begin feeling some effects in as little as 5 days. My own experience was 6 days in both instances when I "felt" something was terribly wrong with this treatment in my case. I quit both after less than 10 days. To continue the therapy any longer posed a much greater risk than its cessation. The chance of symptom relief was not sufficiently high enough to allow the continuation of the therapy when it had provoked such severe side effects as immediately as it did.

John Thornton