[lbo-talk] Re: "light and bright" etc.

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Jul 29 20:55:23 PDT 2004

On Jul 29, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Marvin Gandall wrote:

> Which,
> of course, is why Moore never got a chance to even address the
> delegates in
> the first place.

Did he actually want to? I somehow don't see that as a role he was hankering after.

He seemed to be in his element patrolling around the Boston area as a celebrity in his own right; on the podium at the convention, he would have been just another member of the parade of minor figures.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt