[lbo-talk] Barack Obama

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 30 12:15:53 PDT 2004

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> He'll have to compromise in the Senate, but it's hard to imagine him selling out.

I'll accept your descrition and evaluation of Obama -- and still argue that the only material difference he will make in U.S. politics is increase the vote for the "other" Democrats. At best, he'll be another Wayne Morse, who as far as I know never won a Senate vote. Obama won't sell out; he'll speak for the right things. And the same old government policies of the DP (as described by Michael in reference to JFK on Pen-L) will always triumph.

Carrol