[lbo-talk] Barack Obama

lweiger at umich.edu lweiger at umich.edu
Fri Jul 30 13:31:51 PDT 2004

There's a plausible case to be made that "US out now" would've been as good a rule of thumb as any in the post-WWII world. But that's not a discussion I wish to participate in at present. Rather, my point was just this: for better or worse, the Clintonian foreign policy worldview dominates the Dem party left, right, and center (there are some outliers like Dennis K.--but they're _very_ few in number). I could be mistaken, but I don't think Obama would depart from the consensus as President.

-- Luke