[lbo-talk] "These anarchist kids are not who you think they are

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 30 14:57:57 PDT 2004

Chuck0 wrote:

>The margins are much wider than the party faithful and the ABB
>movement wants to acknowledge.

It's the smallest it's been in modern history. I'm looking at a Pew poll from June that shows the "swing" voters at 21% of the total (i.e., neither "certain" Bush or Kerry voters), down 11 points from a similar period in 2000.

>And it looks like Bush and Co. have come out of the gate with an
>interesting offensive strategy.

That Kerry's a "liberal" and a "flip-flopper" and his Vietnam footage is fake? That's hardly interesting.

They've spent a fortune on ads so far - so much that they have less cash on hand than the Dems now - and it ain't really working very well.

Doug