[lbo-talk] Re: Sexuality Under Seige or So What Else is New?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jul 31 08:07:38 PDT 2004

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Call me an anti-consumerist puritan, but if your sexuality is completely
>dependent on shopping, I'm just not going to grant it the same level of
>human dignity status.

Ok, you're an anti-consumerist puritan. It's none of your damned business, nor of the state of Alabama, or the federal courts. There's something in this attitude that's not unlike Gary?'s - that sexual pleasure is somehow suspect, some kind of base motive, that's not to be taken seriously as a really important part of life. Yuck.

Doug