[lbo-talk] Re: Sexuality Under Seige, or What Else is New?

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Jul 31 17:19:52 PDT 2004

> Sexual weirdness, a lot of it driven by religion, is one of
> the more important reasons American politics is so fucked up. It has
> something to do with why Kerry opened his acceptance speech with a
> military salute.

Sure, but if there's one thing to be learned from Tom Frank, it's that Rightwing micropolitics is the flip side of quite real geopolitical conflicts, a.k.a. the fact that the US Empire continues to decay. The US really is under juridical-theocratic occupation by the combined forces of the oiligarchy and free market fundamentalism, so I thought Kerry's gesture was entirely appropriate to the made-for-video production otherwise known as JFK2.

-- DRR