[lbo-talk] Race Fans & War

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 1 20:51:17 PDT 2004

I'm not certain exactly who "NASCAR Dads" are. My UPS delivery driver is a NASCAR fan and likes being referred to as a NASCAR Dad. Dennis was writing about Indy 500 fans most of whom probably do not watch NASCAR. There is some crossover in the fan base but not much. Demographically they have similarities but Indy fans tend to be better educated and have higher incomes. At least this was true in the recent past. I haven't seen the data on race fans in a few years. The race series that includes the Indy 500 is pretty fucked up these days so I'm not certain who their fans are anymore.

John Thornton