[lbo-talk] Axis of Eve

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 12:20:06 PDT 2004

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've got mixed feelings about women baring their
> tits/underwear/whatever to rile up demonstrators. I
> can see how it would be "liberating," but some women
> also bare their goods to cheer on jock-thugs in
> football teams, or worse.

What is a jock thug? I played high school football. Does that make me a jock thug? I also was on the wrestling team and used to box. I guess that definitely makes me in the "or worse" category.

Maybe I didnt see something but nowhere did I see it mentioned that this was done to rile demonstrators up...as if getting riled up were in itself a bad thing. One obvious reason for flashing panties is to refuse the kind of sexual conservatism and anti-body politics being imposed upon women and men by Bush and company. That should be evident to someone writing with a foucauldian nom de plume.

-Thomas