[lbo-talk] :: New Statesman - Saddam's very own party (UK SWPaligns w/ homophobe

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 19:01:05 PDT 2004

--- Todd Archer <todda39 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> So any front that comes close to even looking
> remotely united is to be
> splintered unto its uttermost atomic purity? Is
> that your preference?

Todd, if this story was true, who shattered the unity? Was it the people who voiced their anger over some part of the Palestian mvmt (notably Arafats, if we are to believe the story) that is killing homosexuals or the SWP/Muslim reactionaries who vilified them at the march?

This problem has come up time and time again and I cant believe you Leninists keep pushing this line. It should be clear from your beloved United Front Against Fascism that there is a need for independence and initiative within the United Front, if that is what you want to call it. Otherwise many different sections of the movement get suffocated, get told that their problem is not the main contradiction. So, palestinian homosexuals-or those who support their cause- should just shut up for the sake of unity...even when they are getting tortured and shot. What kind of goddamn unity is that? If that is unity then take it and stick it up your ass.

-Thomas

Thomas