[lbo-talk] The Return of the Draft

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 4 21:21:04 PDT 2004

Mutual aggression? In fact, the US-controlled sanctions regime killed far more people than either GW1 or GW2. Clinton is responsible for more dead Iraqis than both Bushes combined.

I think future historians (if there are any) will see the Gulf Wars as part of the long history of colonialism, which underwent a major consolidation after 1945. Your pre-modern examples are more like the Thirty Years' War of the Twentieth Century, 1914-45. --CGE