[lbo-talk] Re:reagan

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:11:46 PDT 2004

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
>I agree, esp about the coming tributes, which I'll try to avoid. For many
>of
>us, Reagan was *the* enemy of progress, a true monster whose assault on
>Cent. America remains one of the most shameful things this country's ever
>done. He was a twisted guy in many respects (read Edmund Morris's excellent
>Reagan bio "Dutch" for the Full Ronnie), but still human, filled with fear,
>anger and lies -- like the rest of us.

Haven't read Morris, but I thought his basic take was that Reagan actually wasn't human, that he had no center. To me Reagan never had any more presence than a hologram, but there's no question he had a powerful hold over millions of Americans, eternal saps that they are, and that he filled their minds with trash. I look forward to his remains being picked apart by historians.

Carl