[lbo-talk] Lost in Translation (was: reagan)

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 08:33:41 PDT 2004

Carl said:

>BTW, I just watched about one-half hour of Lost in Translation and do not
>understand why this irritating, humdrum movie elicited such oohs and ahs.
>Why exactly is the viewer supposed to be interested in the mild
>world-weariness of the Bill Murray character, some clown who's earning two
>million bucks for doing a few minutes' modeling work?

Basically it's a story about communication and redemption through it.

You're not alone in scratching your head; I and the other ESL teachers all watched it a couple of stat holidays ago. Most came back with pretty much the exact same sense of puzzlement as yours.

You really have to see the whole thing to make sense of it. It's not so much character driven as theme driven.

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfee® Security : 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines