[lbo-talk] Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 11:27:51 PDT 2004

> If anything, your scold about our behavior is way out of place. ;-) As
> somebody who documented Reagan's presidency, you lived through that era
> and remember it well. Ronald Reagan may have just been a bad cog in the
> overall system, but he was still a bad person in his own right.
>
> Let your hair down, Dennis, and join us in toasting the end of the Gipper.
>
> Chuck0

My anger & passion in the Reagan years reached near-Weatherman intensity (without the bombing and breaking shop windows, 'course), esp when it came to Cent. America. Yeah, Reagan was awful. He was a war criminal. He should have been impeached and tried at the Hague (along with his cabinet). But he wasn't -- he retired and slipped into a mental wasteland till the end, and that's that. I honestly don't feel like celebrating. It seems to me a cheap buzz. If I want that, I'll drink some Gilbey's gin.

DP